On behalf of all of us here at Journey Malibu… WELCOME…
To a whole new way of life. Your recovery has already begun. Education = Knowledge + Experiential consciousness = Awareness = Self-actualization = Sustained Stable Recovery. At Journey Malibu, we believe that success comes from you. You and that voice of yours that reasons beyond cleverness and knows beyond knowledge. That voice is not just the power and property of a few, but has been given to everyone.
Our Admissions Team recognizes that making the decision to seek assistance for alcohol and substance use disorder can occur at any time, day or night. For this reason our staff is available to take your phone calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Call us at (877) 673-4225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are available to discuss the following items with you:
- Choosing a drug treatment center for your personal experience and circumstance. There are so many options out there. Inpatient or outpatient? Would you like alternative or traditional treatments? A holistic treatment program or something more focused? An example would be, traditional 12 step programs provide a strict step-by-step, formulated approach. Alternative treatments vary, such as equine therapy, hypnotherapy, yoga, and meditation. At Journey Malibu we offer you choices. We combine the best, allopathic, alternative and holistic evidence-based medicine/treatments.
- Admission Guidelines.We treat both male and female adults, age 18 and over, experiencing substance use and behavioral disorders, including individuals with co-occurring disorders. While we are open and available and capable of treating individuals experiencing a vast array of issues, we also have a set of admissions criteria that we adhere to in the interest of the safety of the Journey Malibu community. For instance, if an individual exhibits suicidal or homicidal tendencies, we might suggest a more intensive level of care in order to ensure the individual receives the care they need, while also protecting the best interests of our residential clients.
- What to Pack.We suggest bringing the following items with you:
- All personal hygiene articles including bath soap, deodorant, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush, and tampons
- Blow dryer/curling iron
- Casual clothes
- Walking shoes/tennis shoes
- Socks (several pairs)
- Jacket, sweatshirt or heavy sweater
- Bathrobe, slippers and pajamas
- Music player of your choice – iPod, iTouch, Nano, etc., with earphones
- Cell phone and charger, laptop computer (we support you maintaining contact with your outside personal and professional lives)
- Gym clothes and bag (shorts, t-shirt, shoes, etc.)
- Insurance concerns. By completing a brief phone intake, we can better determine the level of care your insurance carrier will allow, based on your clinical issues at the time of admission.
- Detoxification. We provide pre-screening to determine the need for therapeutic detoxification, prior to admission to Journey Malibu.
- Intervention. We have relationships with interventionists across the country. If it is determined that a prospective client has such a need, we will be happy to coordinate with an interventionist in your community.
- Check-In Assistance. We are prepared to meet the individual needs of our prospective clients, including meeting you personally and/or arranging our car service to meet and escort you from any of our local airports: Orange County Airport (SNA), Long Beach Airport (LGB), or Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). We will also be happy to travel to you and escort you to Journey Malibu, while assisting in any and all travel arrangements for you and/or your loved ones, including any accommodations that need to be made for beloved pets. We will do whatever it takes to assist you, or your loved one. This is a life-changing journey; you are no longer alone.
- Frequently Asked Questions. Please see this section of our web site to learn more about our day to day policy and procedures.
- Confidentiality We are 100 percent compliant with all state, federal, and HIPPA guidelines and laws.
- Our Rules: The only rules we enforce at Journey Malibu are to protect our guests’ safety and to ensure we maintain a community of mutual respect. Otherwise, we encourage a creative, soul-sustaining approach to recovery. We trust that your participation and commitment to changing your life will foster a healthy, knowledgeable sense of self-regulation.
“There ain’t no rules around here. We’re trying to accomplish something.”
Thomas Edison (1847 – 1931).