– A Formula For Successful Recovery –
A safe, staff supervised detox
Custom-tailored therapies designed to root out trauma at the core of addiction
A staff of committed, compassionate, highly-credentialed therapists
California’s most effective Alcohol Rehab Program
At JOURNEY MALIBU’s Recovery Center, we firmly believe that attending an alcohol rehab program is the most powerful, effective way to disrupt the devastating cycle of alcohol dependence. That’s because rehab programs offer more than simply “band-aid” solutions to the problem of alcoholism; programs help the addict or alcoholic get to the root of why and how they became addicted in the first place. But an rehab program won’t simply shed light on your problems; they’ll also help you figure out how to live a free, sober life after you’ve put the “plug in the jug”.
JOURNEY MALIBU’s alcohol rehab center is a place where the alcoholic can find peace and healing, surrounded by positive examples of healthier living and support. The alcohol rehab programs that have enjoyed the most success are those, like ours’ at JOURNEY MALIBU, that have been able to address all the various demons tormenting the mind, body and souls of their clients.
Call Our Helpline Now At (888) 717-5643.
Journey Malibu – Your Best Choice for True Recovery
The treatment you’ll receive at Journey Malibu is a customized blend of creative arts and holistic therapies, delivered in a safe, nurturing, and intimate home environment.
– WHAT IS AN ALCOHOL REHAB PROGRAM? –
An Alcohol rehabilitation program is a program that helps alcoholics address and overcome their physical and psychological addictions to alcohol. During this process, the individual will often undergo three different stages of treatment: alcohol detoxification, counseling, and aftercare. Each of these stages is designed to treat the different components of addiction – including the physical, psychological and spiritual aspects of the condition.
THE THREE STAGES OF AN ALCOHOL REHAB PROGRAM:
1) Alcohol Detoxification. The initial part of the recovery process at an alcohol rehab program, alcohol detox involves first stopping the consumption of alcohol, then giving the body the time it needs to cleanse itself of the harmful toxins associated with alcohol. During this stage, the alcoholic may often experience a series of withdrawal symptoms, including but not limited to:
- Depression and anxiety
- Sharp mood swings
- Sweats or chills
- Relapse into alcohol use
- Seizures or blackouts (in severe cases only)
The alcohol detox process can last several days to two weeks, and is best conducted under the watchful eye of professional counselors like those at our JOURNEY MALIBU. The withdrawal symptoms can be severe, but usually peak a few days into the process, then gradually subside thereafter.
2) Counseling. Counseling is at the core of most alcohol rehab programs, and that certainly holds true for JOURNEY MALIBU’s program. During sessions with a counselor or therapist, the alcoholic will be taught more about their disease, receive education about relapse prevention skills, and be made aware of the triggers that may cause their unwanted behavior. Counseling in alcohol rehab takes two forms:
- Individual counseling. During these regular sessions, the client will take part in individual therapy with a skilled addiction treatment counselor. These sessions are a chance to explore the issues in the alcoholic’s life that may have triggered, or enhanced their alcoholism, while also laying out some tangible solutions on how to move forward in sobriety.
- Group counseling. These sessions bring the clients together in a group setting with other recovering addicts in the program. Group counseling provides a wonderful opportunity for alcoholics to share stories with others like them, while gaining support from one another, and breaking down the walls of isolation brought on by their alcohol addiction.
3) Aftercare. After an alcoholic exits the program, they then face the daunting task of returning to the outside world. As they do so, they may very well encounter a number of challenges, all of which can be alleviated by maintaining a connection to their rehab program through the “Aftercare” stage of treatment. These challenges can include, but are not limited to:
- The temptation of seeing old friends or acquaintances, sometimes called “Lower companions”, who can lead the alcoholic back to old ways and behaviors.
- The anxieties and stresses of everyday life, which can easily trigger relapse behavior, if one is not prepared properly to handle them.
- A lack of understanding, from those who have never been through a rehab program, which may make it difficult for the recovering alcoholic to feel he has anyone to turn to in times of crisis.
Effective Aftercare treatment at alcohol rehab programs will help the recovering alcoholic address these lurking challenges with tools like 12-step programs, along with additional counseling, which will provide an opportunity to discuss the challenges they are facing – while also formulating strategies and solutions for how to handle these challenges AFTER they have left the program.
Speak confidentially with a counselor at (888) 717-5643.
– ALCOHOL REHAB PROGRAMS & MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES –
Many alcohol rehab programs only offer solutions to their client’s alcoholism, without addressing the other mental issues that so often accompany the disease. At JOURNEY MALIBU, however, we are well aware that other mental health complications are very common among those who participate in these programs. These other mental health issues can include mood-related complications, such as depression, anxiety, and bi-polar disorders, and are referred to as “co-occurring disorders.”
TYPES OF ALCOHOL REHABS:
Most programs come in two basic types: outpatient and residential. While both offer similar programs (detox, counseling, aftercare, etc.) there can be some significant differences in the way that they deliver these treatments.
OUTPATIENT Alcohol Rehab
- Individuals attend treatment during the day at the alcohol rehab program, and then return home (or to a sober living facility) in the evening.
- This type of treatment tends to be better suited for people who are the head of their households, and/or have work and school that cannot be missed.
- We recommend outpatient care only for those clients who have a non-life threatening form of alcohol addiction.
- The individual moves into a dorm-like setting and receives round-the-clock care.
- A great choice for those who need a place to focus solely on the alcohol addiction and the recovery process.
- The 24/7 treatment helps those with a very serious alcohol addiction.
At JOURNEY MALIBU, we offer both of the above, in an attempt to provide as many of our clients as possible with the greatest amount of care. So if you’re serious about your recovery, and want a program that will meet ALL of your needs, make JOURNEY MALIBU your destination.
“A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step…” – Old Taoist Saying
Call Our Helpline Now At (888) 717-5643.
Your confidential call will connect you to our admissions staff.