Pets can be helpful in support of your Sobriety
At Journey Malibu, we believe that your path to recovery should be individualized and meet your needs. If you have a pet that you would like to bring with you during your stay with us, we encourage you to do so. Research has shown that pets can have many clinical benefits in support of their owners’ recovery, including:
- Reduced stress levels
- Reduced cholesterol levels
- Lower blood pressure levels
- Fight depression
- Decrease feelings of loneliness
- Increase socialization
- Increase amount of exercise and outdoor activities
Most domestic animals are allowed during treatment. If you would like to bring your pet to our facility, please consider the following:
- Is your animal aggressive?
- Is your animal used to being around other animals and people?
- Does your animal have specials needs?
- Is your animal friendly and outgoing?
- Are you comfortable leaving your animal with our handler, in the event it’s needed?
Suggested Items to Bring:
- Leash and collar w/ ID tag and proper license, if applicable
- Medical records for you animal, in case of emergency
- Grooming supplies (i.e., Comb or Brush, Shampoo, etc.)
- Bed or Crate
For more information regarding our pet policy, please contact our admissions department.